When you purchase our fonts, you actually purchase a license to use the fonts. Licensing is specific to certain mediums. Fatype offers a simple licensing system. Our DESKTOP+WEB license allows you to use our fonts for typical desktop application as well as in one website with unlimited traffic. The price is determined by the amount of desktop users, and the amount of initial traffic the website has. You can upgrade your license in your account, adding more users and more websites. For mobile Apps and eBooks/EPUB, we offer separate licenses. If you need our fonts for a different use, please contact us.
- What is the EULA?
The EULA, or End User License Agreement is a document that details the terms for using our fonts. Before purchasing a license, you need to read and agree with the EULA. Our EULA includes a few key points:
– You purchase a license allowing you to use our fonts, not ownership of the fonts themselves.
– You can use the fonts only in the mediums for which you have a license.
– You purchase a license for a specific amount of desktop users, websites, Apps or eBooks. Web traffic is unlimited but the price is determined by the initial traffic of the website.
– Licenses are limited to legal entities. You cannot distribute the fonts to people outside of the legal entity that owns the license.
– It is not allowed to modify, copy or resell our fonts, or to use our fonts to create new fonts. If you need to modify our fonts, please contact us. In general we require a fee and do it ourselves, but occasionaly, if you have a good reason, we will allow you to modify the font yourself. You are allowed to modify the design of the glyphs, for logotypes or posters of course, but not the font in terms of software.
- Which payment systems do you accept?
We use Paypal. You don't need a Paypal account, paypal accepts standard credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX & Discover).
Clients preferring bank transfer should contact us at info at fatype com. Please be aware that bank transfer orders are treated manually and can take between 3 and 7 workdays to complete. Because of this, we charge an extra fee of 20 EUR. Fonts are not delivered before we receive payment confirmation from the bank.
- When do I receive my order?
Orders are delivered by email as soon as the payment is processed by Paypal, in general this takes only a couple of minutes. In case of delay, please check your junk/spam folders. On rare occasions, Paypal takes extra time to verify a payment. Contact us if you think your order is taking particularly long.
- Why didn't I receive my order yet?
Orders are sent to the email address you provided, in general a couple of minutes after the payment was processed. Some companies filter emails with zip files, or filter them in a spam folder, so please check that folder if you can. On rare occasions, Paypal takes extra time to verify a payment. Contact us if you think your order is taking particularly long.
- Which formats do you deliver?
– For desktop we deliver .OTF files (CFF – PostScript flavored OpenType)
– For the web, we deliver .WOFF and .EOT files
– For Mobile Apps and Epub we deliver .OTF files
– On request we can deliver other formats.
- How do I install fonts?
Unpack downloaded .zip file. Double click on a font file (.otf), this will open the font in a fontbook font preview window. Press "install font" button.
Unpack downloaded .zip file. Double click on the font file (.otf), this will open font preview window. Press "install" button. Or copy font file (.otf) into your Windows/Fonts folder.
- How do I uninstall fonts?
Open Font Book In the list of fonts find the font that you would like to uninstall. Right click on the font. Press "remove the font family"
Navigate to Windows/Fonts folder. Select the font that you would like to uninstall and select it. Press backspace button to delete. Or right click with the mouse and select "Delete". In the opening dialog confirm by pressing "OK".
- Can I use the fonts on windows?
Yes, you can use our fonts on MS Windows. All our fonts are produced according to the latest industry standards.
- What are trial fonts, what can I use the trial fonts for?
Trial fonts are font versions with a limited character set: A-z and basic punctuation. Fatype provides Trial fonts for the only purpose of trying the fonts before buying. It is allowed to make mockups, sample layouts and proofs for client's approval. Trial fonts cannot be used to produce final designs and published projects. It is strictly forbidden to upload our Trial fonts on other websites, and to use them as a starting point for other fonts. Please refer to the complete Trial fonts EULA.
- Do you offer students/educational discounts?
Students and teachers receive a 25% discount. You need to contact us per email and send us a proof that you are a teacher or student (valid student card or other document). We may contact the establishment to check. We don't provide other discounts or free fonts for educational projects.
- Can I get a discount?
Unless you are a student/teacher, we do not offer discounts. A lot of work goes into the design and production of our fonts, we can only make a living by selling them at a fair price. We hope you understand.
- What do you do with my information?
We don't share your information with third parties. We use your information only to manage orders and for marketing purposes such as sending specimens or seeing which trial fonts are ordered. We don't send promotional emails unless you have agreed to subscribe to our newsletter.